Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ravelry


Woot! I finally got an invitation to ravelry yesterday. Of course, it showed up just before I have to leave town for a week for work. On the plus side, I've finally taken some photos of some of my projects and uploaded them.

I seem to have a case of project attention deficit disorder (PADD). I always have to have at least one sock project. Right now, I think I'm at four. Or maybe five. Possibly seven. I don't really always like to remember how short my attention span is. Anyway, one of them is my first attempt at the one long circular needle, or magic loop, method.
I love Opal sock yarn. And I'm liking the magic loop, too. I almost bought this yarn again last weekend. I'm glad I thought long enough to remember "Wait a minute, I already have that at home." Then I bought a different skein in blues and greens. Just so you all don't think I was actually exercising self control, or anything like that.


And here we have another WIP that I uploaded. A variation on the Chevron Lace scarf, using Cider Moon yarn that I bought up at the Knitters Connection this year. I am really loving how the colors are going together. I honestly think that you could grab any 2 random yarns from Cider Moon and have something beautiful come out. The colors I'm using here are Hot Rod on the left, and Positano on the right. It looks like the lavender sections of both yarns are kind of pooling on the right side of the scarf. I'm looking forward to seeing if it continues to do this.




I even have a finished object to post. These socks were knit on size 2's with ONline supersocke 6-fach winter color. They're a birthday present for my friend Jenny, who is a tiny person with small feet. I'm posting them because I''m pretty sure she doesn't have my blog url yet, and anyway, I'll be out of town for her birthday party on Monday. (Hi, Jenny! If you see this before I get back, surprise! Hope you like them!) Did I mention that Jenny has small feet? I think I have enough of this yarn left to knit her an extra sock. Or maybe a pair of wrist warmers, if I can let go of that silly matching thing I have when using self striping yarn.

I'm a little bit afraid of what I'm going to find when I start sorting through my stash to post things on here and on Ravelry. I think there are UFO's in my sewing room that may actually be alien in origin. And there are a number of things in there that I'm pretty sure the only possible excuse for is temporary insanity. I may have to post a few photos of some of the scarier yarn and projects. After all, Halloween is just around the corner.

1 comment:

KnittyNancy said...

Welcome to Ravelry! I love your colorful projects. Don't we all have many, many UFO's? Thanks for your wonderful comment on my penguin. I bought the kit at our favorite LYS, Fiber Naturell.